SUMMIT ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
12/14 Update: All of our tours, including the waitlist tour, are now full. Please rest assured that if your student recieved an open enrollment seat through the lottery, they will have a chance to see the school prior to making their final enrollment decision. Thank you.
12/8/22 Update: We have added an additional waitlist tour. If you filled out our waitlist form below, you should have already received an email with information on how to sign-up. If you did not complete our waitlist form, you may complete this waitlist tour form (closed) for a reservation. If the form is closed, we have no spaces left for day tours.
10/24/22 Update: All day tours are full. You may fill out this form (this form is now closed 12/8) to be added to our tour waitlist. However, please note that there is currently no scheduled date for a waitlist tour. We suggest that you plan on attending our evening presentation on December 7th from 6:30-8:00 PM. There are no reservations needed for the evening presentation, and it is a great alternative if you were unable to schedule a day tour.
In order to best understand our school mission, climate, and academic culture, we highly encourage all interested families to attend an Open Enrollment tour of Summit. Please Note: Tours are only open to students and parents of current 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students. Reservations are required, and are first come, first serve. Your student must attend this event so please choose carefully. We will not be able to reschedule.
22-23 School Tour Dates - Reservations are required, and due to a high demand you may only attend one tour with your family. Please choose carefully as we are unable to reschedule.
- Tuesday, November 1st, 8:15-9:45 AM - Full.
- Wednesday, November 9th, 12:40-2:10 PM - Full.
- Tuesday, November 15th, 8:15-9:45 AM - Full.
- Thursday, November 17th, 12:40-2:10 PM (Spanish Translation Available) - Full.
- Tuesday, November 29th, 8:15-9:45 AM - Full.
- Thursday, December 1st, 12:40-2:10 PM (Spanish Translation Available) - Full.
- Tuesday, December 6th, 8:15-9:45 AM (Spanish Language Only)
- Thursday, December 8th, 12:40-2:10 PM - Full.
- Tuesday, December 13th, 8:15-9:45 AM - Full.
22-23 Parent & Student Information Nights - an in-depth look at Summit, no reservations required!
Wednesday, Decemeber 7th, 6:30-8:00 PM (Spanish Translation Available)
Enrollment at Summit
Summit is a public charter school that is not a neighborhood school. This means that any student who is interested in attending Summit Middle School will need to participate in BVSD's Open Enrollment (OE) process.
How to Enroll At Summit
Any student interested in enrolling at Summit should complete an on-time application through the BVSD Open Enrollment (OE) process. You can find more instruction on how to enroll on the BVSD Open Enrollment website. Please remember to read through the guidelines on this page so that you have a good understanding of the process. Lottery results from the open enrollment lottery are typically emailed to families mid-January. If your student is offered a seat at Summit Middle School, you will have only a limited amount of time to decline that offer before your student is automatically accepted for the next school year.
Summit Open Enrollment Preference Information
Open enrollment preferences are only applied to on-time applications. Please make sure that you meet the deadline to ensure that any preferences that are applicable are applied to your student's application.
You will be prompted to answer questions regarding Summit's preferences. Please make sure to read and answer all questions in full. We are unable to adjust applications after they have been submitted.
Please also be aware that the preferences below do not guarantee your student a seat at Summit. They must be offered a seat through the lottery, which will take into consideration all students, preferences, and space available.
- Summit Board Member Preference: Children of school organizers and of present and former directors.
- Summit Employee Preference: Children of current teachers and staff residing in or out of the Boulder Valley School District. Click here for current job offerings at Summit.
- Summit Sibling Preference: In district sibling of currently enrolled students and Summit graduates (completed 8th grade at Summit), including those accepted in the current lottery.
- Family Income Preference: This preference applies to in-district applicants for 6th grade who submit an optional current year Family Economic Data Survey as part of their online open enrollment application and qualify as low-income, until 10% of the qualifying entering 6th grade students are enrolled.
- Please click here for more information on how to see if you qualify for BVSD's Free and Reduced Lunch program, and this preference. Families are also welcome to come into the front office for help with filling out their Free and Reduced application.
- In District with prior application: A student who was placed on the wait list and not offered a seat at Summit, but who is now applying again for the next school year.
- Student within the boundaries of BVSD: Any student who resides within the Boulder Valley School District will be given preference.
- Out of District Siblings: This preference will applied to any sibling of a current Summit student, or a former Summit student, that resides outside of BVSD.
Need Help Applying? Come on in!
If you need help completing the Open Enrollment application, or applying for the Free and Reduced Lunch program, please reach out to the Summit Office at 720-561-3900 or email@example.com.
We would be happy to help you complete your application in-person, and are able to provide a secure internet connections, a device for families to use, and any assistance answering questions along the way. You are also welcome to call the front office and we will do our best to assist you over the phone.