SUMMIT ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Summit School tours begin with a presentation that includes a school overview followed by classroom visits. These tours will start with a meeting in our auditorium, Husky Hall. Reservations are required to attend a school tour. Please click here to make a reservation. You may only schedule one tour per family. Please choose carefully as we cannot reschedule for any reason.
Thursday, November 2nd, 8:15 am to 9:45 am (FULL)
Tuesday, November 7th, 12:40 pm to 2:10 pm (FULL)
Tuesday, November 14th, 8:15 am to 9:45 am (FULL)
Thursday, November 16th, 12:40 pm to 2:10 pm (Spanish interpretation available)(FULL)
Tuesday, November, 28th, 8:15 am to 9:45 am (FULL)
Thursday, November 30th, 12:40 pm to 2:10 pm (FULL)
Thursday, December 7th, 12:40 pm to 2:10 pm (Spanish interpretation available)
Tuesday, December 12th, 8:15 am to 9:45 am (FULL)
Tuesday, December 19th, 8:15 am to 9:45 am
Parent/Student Information Nights offer an in-depth look at Summit
Tuesday, December 12th, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (Spanish interpretation available), no reservations required.
Enrollment at Summit
Summit is a public charter school, not a neighborhood school, which means that students who would like to enroll at Summit Middle School need to participate in BVSD’s Open Enrollment (OE) process.
Open Enrollment Period
BVSD Open Enrollment begins at 8:00 am on November 1, 2023, and ends at 4:00 pm on January 9, 2024. Lottery results will be emailed out in January 2024.
Eventos de inscripción abierta 23-24
Los recorridos de la escuela Summit comienzan con una presentación general de Summit en nuestro auditorio, Husky Hall, y despues un recorrido de la escuela incluyendo visitas a los salones de clases. Se requiere reservaciones para asistir. Haga clic aquí para registrarse a un recorrido de día.
Jueves 2 de noviembre, de 8:15am a 9:45am (FULL)
Martes 7 de noviembre, de 12:40pm a 2:10pm (FULL)
Martes 14 de noviembre, 8:15am a 9:45am (FULL)
Jueves 16 de noviembre, 12:40pm a 2:10pm (interpretación en español disponible)(FULL)
Martes 28 de noviembre, 8:15am a 9:45am (FULL)
Jueves 30 de noviembre, 12:40pm a 2:10pm
Martes 5 de diciembre de 8:15am a 9:45 am (solo en español)
Jueves 7 de diciembre de 12:40pm a 2:10pm (interpretación en español disponible)
Martes 12 de diciembre de 8:15am a 9:45am
Martes 19 de diciembre de 8:15am a 9:45am
Las Noches de información para padres y estudiantes ofrecen una descripcion detallada sobre Summit
Martes 12 de diciembre, 6:30pm a 8:00pm (Interpretación en español disponible)
Inscripción en Summit
Summit es una escuela chárter pública, no una escuela de vecindario, lo que significa que los estudiantes que deseen inscribirse en la Escuela Intermedia Summit deben participar en el proceso de Inscripción Abierta (OE) de BVSD.
Período de inscripción abierta
La inscripción abierta de BVSD comienza a las 8:00am el 1 de noviembre del 2023 y finaliza a las 4:00pm el 9 de enero del 2024. Los resultados de la lotería se enviarán por correo electrónico a mediados de enero del 2024.
Enrollment at Summit
Summit is a public charter school that is not a neighborhood school. This means that any student who is interested in attending Summit Middle School will need to participate in BVSD's Open Enrollment (OE) process.
How to Enroll At Summit
Any student interested in enrolling at Summit should complete an on-time application through the BVSD Open Enrollment (OE) process. You can find more instruction on how to enroll on the BVSD Open Enrollment website. Please remember to read through the guidelines on this page so that you have a good understanding of the process. Lottery results from the open enrollment lottery are typically emailed to families mid-January. If your student is offered a seat at Summit Middle School, you will have only a limited amount of time to decline that offer before your student is automatically accepted for the next school year.
Summit Open Enrollment Preference Information
Open enrollment preferences are only applied to on-time applications. Please make sure that you meet the deadline to ensure that any preferences that are applicable are applied to your student's application.
You will be prompted to answer questions regarding Summit's preferences. Please make sure to read and answer all questions in full. We are unable to adjust applications after they have been submitted.
Please also be aware that the preferences below do not guarantee your student a seat at Summit. They must be offered a seat through the lottery, which will take into consideration all students, preferences, and space available.
- Summit Board Member Preference: Children of school organizers and of present and former directors.
- Summit Employee Preference: Children of current teachers and staff residing in or out of the Boulder Valley School District. Click here for current job offerings at Summit.
- Summit Sibling Preference: In district sibling of currently enrolled students and Summit graduates (completed 8th grade at Summit), including those accepted in the current lottery.
- Family Income Preference: This preference applies to in-district applicants for 6th grade who submit an optional current year Family Economic Data Survey as part of their online open enrollment application and qualify as low-income, until 10% of the qualifying entering 6th grade students are enrolled.
- Please click here for more information on how to see if you qualify for BVSD's Free and Reduced Lunch program, and this preference. Families are also welcome to come into the front office for help with filling out their Free and Reduced application.
- In District with prior application: A student who was placed on the wait list and not offered a seat at Summit, but who is now applying again for the next school year.
- Student within the boundaries of BVSD: Any student who resides within the Boulder Valley School District will be given preference.
- Out of District Siblings: This preference will applied to any sibling of a current Summit student, or a former Summit student, that resides outside of BVSD.
Need Help Applying? Come on in!
If you need help completing the Open Enrollment application, or applying for the Free and Reduced Lunch program, please reach out to the Summit Office at 720-561-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be happy to help you complete your application in-person, and are able to provide a secure internet connections, a device for families to use, and any assistance answering questions along the way. You are also welcome to call the front office and we will do our best to assist you over the phone.