ADHD is a common disorder often diagnosed in childhood and lasting into adulthood. Children with ADHD may have difficulty with attention and impulse control.
ROLE OF THE SCHOOL NURSE
ROLE OF THE HEALTH ROOM PARA
BVSD HEALTH POLICIES & HEALTH SERVICES PAGE
BVSD STUDENT VACCINE INFORMATION
Through this link you can view the School-required vaccines in the state of Colorado.
Through this link you can view the vaccine exemption information for the state of Colorado.
SUMMIT FREQUENTLY USED HEALTH FORMS
- Medication Authorization Form: This form will need to be filled out by a doctor if your student has any medications in the health room, including over the counter medications.
- Self-Carry Contract: This form needs to be filled out for any student carrying their own medication (ie. Epi-Pen, Inhaler)
- Colorado Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan and Medication Orders
- Colorado Asthma Care Plan and Medication Orders
- Colorado Seizure Action Plan and Medication Order
HEALTH CONDITION INFORMATION
If your student has been diagnosed with a life threatening allergic reaction to a substance, you will want to immediately contact the nurse so staff can be informed and training can be conducted if necessary.
If your student requires medication at school, have your healthcare provider complete the Colorado Asthma Action Plan.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a developmental disorder that affects communication and behavior. ASD refers to a broad range of symptoms pertaining to difficulties with communication and interactions.
Information for newly diagnosed students with Diabetes or students just starting school:
Contact your school to schedule a meeting with the school nurse. The school nurse will want to talk with you prior to school starting to gather information, review provider orders and develop a health care plan.
BVSD Food Services is able to accommodate many food restrictions and other dietary needs. For example there is a gluten free option every day in every school - every school has a salad bar that is completely gluten free.